Wednesday, April 20, 2011

the reverend, the lawyer, & the doctor.


the reverend, the lawyer & the doctor – dinner at the farm – april 14, 2011.

a little intro into two of the boys in my life -- brannon & ryan.

The reverend (who despises that name!) is the Executive Director for Lake City Student Ministries in Lake City, Colorado. He inspires me. He makes me a better person. He gets to ski and grill out and hang out with kids for his job. Oh, and sometimes he fills the pulpit at the Baptist Church. I’d put money in his offering plate any day. Oh, and Ryan and I are forever indebted to him for being the first child – worst curfew, worst college budget….you get the picture…he paved the way. Thanks B! And his favorite baked good of mine – Snickerdoodles.

And then there’s the kid. He starts medical school in June….in Shreveport. Beyond excited. And he’s living five blocks away. More excited. God is good. This one has the ENTIRE family wrapped around his finger. It’s hilarious. He’s hilarious. And his heart is really big. He also loves things in multiples - “one is none, and two is one, jess.” The day his high school/college basketball career ended, I cried. If he’d play in a church league, I’d make posters…and he’d pretend not to know me. Like he did in high school – he point blank lied to a teacher that he was my brother; the teacher didn’t find out until his graduation night that he belonged with me. Well played kid. And his favorite baked good of mine – Marbles – chocolate and vanilla cake with chocolate and vanilla icing.

I love, love, love being sandwiched between these two. Love it. And I do consider myself my brothers’ keeper. These two crazies make life great. I had the best time last Thursday night grilling out at the farm with these two. Love having the three oaks together.

He has showed you oh man what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment